Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nightingale


Nightingale Armor (from Elderscrolls V: Skyrim) by Beebichu
Photographed by Bob Clark of RDC Photography
"I play Skyrim and as I was wondering what costume to make I decided to just go for my favorite one! My character is always in this armor. "


  
"About the costume: I began planning and collecting materials in September 2012. Most of it is sewn out of pleather and vinyl which I then treated with black paint, silver spray paint, hot glue, model magic, and way more black paint. I made the pattern by cutting out pieces of paper and holding them up my body to see if they would be the right size and shape. Then I used those paper pieces to cut out my fabric. Very time consuming as I don't have a dress form. One day I'll get one. I completed the costume 4 months later in December. "
  
"If you would like to see WIP photos of this costume you can visit my Facebook page. There's also an extensive How-to on my blog now."

No comments:

Post a Comment