Friday, October 14, 2011

Accessory: Gallifreyan Grad Cap

12 p.m.

University Graduation Cap, 2011: Whovian style. A step-by-step process.

It may not be cosplay, but this is still pretty awesome.  The author of the Plenty of Paper Tumblr decorated her graduation cap with a bit of spot-on Gallifreyan script from Doctor Who.
"My university allows (even encourages) graduating students to decorate their graduation caps, all the better for family members to see. I didn’t decide my design until the night before my graduation ceremony.

Gallifreyan text is so intricate and beautiful, there was no other choice for me. Plus, it spoke of my love for Doctor Who, as well as my status as a nerd, without proclaiming it in large, obvious letters.

Sketched with white colored pencil on black polyester, with the help of circle-shaped objects found around the apartment. Traced with gold puffy paint."
1 a.m.  2 a.m.  4 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment