Monday, November 5, 2012

Wonder Woman

Warrior Wonder Woman from DC Universe

Warrior Wonder Woman (from DC Universe) by Meagan Marie
Photographed by Andres Rodriguez of Gi:k Blog




Photo by OnLivo
"I can’t believe the stars aligned and I finished this costume in time to debut at SOFA 2012 in Bogota, Colombia.

Inspired by an original design artist Tess Fowler and I collaborated on, the concept draws from several iterations of Wonder Woman throughout the years, peppered with original elements. While I adore Linda Carter’s version of Wonder Woman (“In your satin tights, fighting for your rights!”), I’ve always preferred the first lady of comics as a warrior. An Amazon. A total BAMF. We’ll debut the full illustration at a later date!

I’ll also put together extensive build notes and credits soon, but a huge shout out goes to Thomas Ignatius, who’s been my leatherworking mentor over the last few months. I constructed all of the costume (armor, props, skirt, belt, and so on) aside from the corset. Having never made one this complex, Tom and I knocked out the corset over a very long day, with me playing assistant. His incredible skill with leather shines through in the shape and fit of it. Perfect. I then took the corset home detailed it with the eagle crest, rivets, and dirt/blood.

Also, a side thank you to God Save the Queen Fashions, who inspired me to try my hand at leather working!"

Photo by OnLivo


Photo by OnLivo


Photo by OnLivo


Photo by OnLivo

No comments:

Post a Comment