Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Couple: Red Robin and Black Bat


Photographed by Thomas Dodd

Based off of Kenneth Rocofort’s sketch.

Black Bat cosplayed as Chronie
Red Robin cosplayed as Kiarou

   



Red Robin Black Bat: Universe Rebooting by *CHR0NIE
Photo taken and edited by the talented Thomas Dodd. I had such a great time during this photo shoot. Mr. Dodd is really personable and great with art directions. This version of Black Bat and Red Robin is based off of Kenneth Rocofort’s sketch.Another one of our proud costumes we were able to pull off this year. This costume was extremely difficult to accomplish, in which a lot of fabrication techniques were used. The molding and casting phase was very challenging for we made a two piece mold. The cowls (which are not shown) was too painful to wear. Also, it was so hot in these costumes that my body probably omitted gallons of sweat.
"I had such a great time during this photo shoot. Mr. Dodd is really personable and great with art directions. This version of Black Bat and Red Robin is based off of Kenneth Rocofort’s sketch.

Another one of our proud costumes we were able to pull off this year. This costume was extremely difficult to accomplish, in which a lot of fabrication techniques were used. The molding and casting phase was very challenging for we made a two piece mold. The cowls (which are not shown) was too painful to wear. Also, it was so hot in these costumes that my body probably omitted gallons of sweat."

Photos were taken by Benny Lee
"These costumes were the most massive and difficult project we’ve ever taken on. The suits were made from a platinum based silicone. The process was long and arduous (Maybe I’ll post some progress shots later). But basically, we made body casts of ourselved, sculpted the suits out of clay and then created these massive molds (and I mean MASSIVE). And then after that was the casting process which was a whole nother headache. Since I have no degrasser chamber, I had to develop my own method for casting these. It was a lot of trial and error but I got a pretty good method in the end."

  

"But anyways, the suit came out weighing about ~90lbs for mine and ~60lbs for Chronie’s.

We spent most of the convention in pain and laying down on the ground and other various areas lol. But these were a lot of fun and we learned a lot about fabrication and rubber work.

But anyways, this was one of the two photoshoots we did with these shoots, so more pictures to come!"
   


Black Bat: Gotham Night by *CHR0NIE
Here is the finished product of my Black Bat suit. Wore this to Dragon Con 2012. Entire suit is sculpted on top of a body cast of me and casted with platinum base silicone, including the pouches and gloves. The gold was airbrushed on. Cape is suede material. This version of Black Bat is based off of Kenneth Rocofort’s sketch. I really enjoy Cass as a character. Her attitude and her mysteriousness is very enticing. I have a lot in common with her and we are similar in many ways.

"Here is the finished product of my Black Bat suit. Wore this to Dragon Con 2012. Entire suit is sculpted on top of a body cast of me and casted with platinum base silicone, including the pouches and gloves. The gold was airbrushed on. Cape is suede material.

This version of Black Bat is based off of Kenneth Rocofort’s sketch. I really enjoy Cass as a character. Her attitude and her mysteriousness is very enticing. I have a lot in common with her and we are similar in many ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment