Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pit


Pit (from Kid Icarus Uprising) by Li Kovacs
"Earlier this year, Nintendo contacted me to create a Pit costume and model as Pit for them from their Nintendo 3DS game "Kid Icarus Uprising". I was hired to model, flown out from California to work PAX East in Boston, MA as the official Pit costumed character to promoting the game, and hand out exclusive KIU AR cards!

The costume and myself to model as Pit was approved by Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai himself before hand. They provided references so I can recreate the costume as accurately as possible and each stage of the costume needed to go through approvals before moving on.
 
I really like Kid Icarus and Pit is such a fun character to play as! I always wanted to make a Pit costume. This is also probably one of my most comfortable costumes and doesn't take very long to put on. This was also my first time creating wings. Definitely a challenge and learning experience! I will be putting up a tutorial on how to make wings real soon! "

 

No comments:

Post a Comment