Monday, August 22, 2011

Witchblade

Former Game Informer columnist, current Community Manager for the Tomb Raider franchise, and famed cosplayer Meagan Marie (a.k.a. MeaganVanB, Meagan VanBurkleo, VirtualGirl6654) has become internet famous for her amazing costumes. Here is a gallery of what I think is her best costume, Top Cow’s NYPD homicide detective Sara Pezzini, wielder of the Witchblade.

Witchblade is arguably Top Cow’s most popular franchise, enjoying success in the form of comic books, a television series, a manga run, an anime series and maybe even a feature film in the near future. The series follows Sara Pezzini, a NYPD homicide detective who comes into possession of a supernatural, sentient artifact with immense destructive powers. In the series, Sara struggles to master the awesome powers of the Witchblade while maintaining a career and personal life. Not particularly easy. Check out more of Meagan's costumes at Figure.Fm!
Meagan writes: "I will admit that this costume scared the crap out of me when I decided to make it. First, I had no idea how I was going to make the Witchblade – and considering what a huge fan I am of the comic – I was not willing to do it half-assed. Second, wearing 100% latex is a frightening thought. Still, looking back, the costume was a blast to make and I am pretty happy with the results. I am not completely finished with the costume – I think I am going to add a bit more of the Witchblade armor to the boots and my chest, but I am close enough to done that I am going to keep wearing it out to conventions."






"Shooting the costume was a blast, as I got to work with my favorite photographer Scott Miron. He also introduced me to a makeup artist named Katie Ballard, who pulled off the perfect balance of glamour and toughness that is iconic of Sara Pezzini. I cobbled together a plainclothes version of Sara for the shoot, as I wanted to capture Sara in her cop garb. Although it was a much simpler costume–the bracelet took me all of an hour to make–I really enjoyed shooting it and am happy with how the photos came out."
 























No comments:

Post a Comment