Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Accessory: Jordan Last Shot 14 Gas Mask



This fresh gas mask is made entirely from a hacked up pair of Nike Air Jordan 14 sneakers and is designed to be a semi-functional piece of art. This gas mask is on sale at ebay for around $1,650.00 and rising.

"My work is an outlet for me. A chance to reflect on the world around me. I’m often asked about my politics, what these masks mean, “what’s the point?” or “why would you?”. The art world wants to promote artists who further their politics, unfortunately independent thinkers don’t quite fit that mold sometimes. I don’t want my work to be a reflection of my personal politics, they’re there but I’d prefer to speak through my work rather than preach through it. The important things are 1) exploring creativity and imagination 2) making something manufactured in limited quantities into something one of a kind and handcrafted and 3) working with materials that I’m passionate about. Love it, hate it, misunderstand it or just plain get it… it’s art so it’s up to you to find your own understanding of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment