Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kids: Popeye

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgBtYoF1B2oOJplVVVSDXt_QaqmI1DociLmxD4N-bKIuO_tSMRfaFhO9E3e6GVu9mDA8lidO4yZPEeqpMrG_IPYQOyYv5s37xYU_L1MVow2dbCXVhcxEf_5aimqvm3Ecb3Rk_XOyLRzQrs/s1600/Popeye.1.jpg

Popeye
Costume by CraftyBitch
"For many Craft-0-holics such as myself, Halloween is truly is the most wonderful time of the year. The sweet treats are great, but nothing can top the satisfaction of completing a truly original costume.

Before my son was even born, I had already decided that my boy was going to dress up as Popeye. In doing the research, there were a few variations on the look depending on what era of Popeye you found. I started with a simple black onesie and then sewed the nude arms to the cuffs, tipped in red elastic for easy on-and-off functionality. I stuffed cotton balls between the 2 layers and drew the anchors directly onto the fabric. The hat & collar I simply designed on paper before cutting the fabric. The collar has a snap-front so that I wouldn't have to stretch it over his head. The hat is secured with a thin elastic strap. I wanted to play with scale which is why I made it purposely small & tipped to one side."

No comments:

Post a Comment